at the cottage

Friday, May 27, 2011

a little bundle of love...and fur

Today the little thing I'm thankful for is actually quite little. It is a little black and tan bundle of love, and his name is Kingsley Shacklebolt Chason-Palmer. I know, it is a rather large name for such a small puppy. He is named after one of the greatest wizards to ever grace the pages of J.K. Rowling's epic novels. In the novels, Kingsley is a calm, strong presence, and the name actually fits our little canine friend very well. But if you don't read the books, then just don't worry about it. He has a hyphenated last name not because his parents just couldn't work things out but due to the fact that both Claire Palmer and Dana Chason are his foster mothers. They rescued Kingsley from the local animal shelter because he was going to be euthanized if he was left there much longer. They say it is only temporary, but I know my sister better than that. There is no way she is going to be able to give him up! I mean, look at those eyes!
If that isn't the cutest thing you have ever seen, than I want to know what you have been looking at! There is just something about puppies that make me just melt. I don't know if it is that smell they have that makes you want to hold them forever, or if it is the way their warm little bodies just sort of mold to your body when you hold them. Maybe it's the eyes. Regardless, I am so thankful for puppies. Especially black and tan, eight-week old ones named Kingsley Shacklebolt Chason-Palmer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment